Sannata Dahi: ‘Sannata‘ in Hindi means complete silence. ‘Sannata’ because according to legends, this particular concoction may help silence all tummy troubles and ease indigestion. Much like raita, Sannata dahi is made with a combination of yogurt, Boondi
and spices. What distinguishes it from raita is the consistency. Sannata dahi has a watery thin consistency and is teeming with select spices
Dahi or yogurt is exceptional probiotic that helps feed our gut with good bacteria and thus facilitating good digestion. Since it has a cool and calming effect on the inner stomach lining, it is often consumed with and after meals in many parts of India. The role of spices here is very interesting. Spices are often scrutinized for their role in digestion. A bit too much could prove risky, but if used in appropriate amounts they can do wonders. Spices like cumin, hing, coriander are prized in Ayurveda for its healing properties especially when it comes to digestive issues.
Video Recipe of Sannata –
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp hing
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tspn black perpper powder
- Chopped Dhaniya
- Rock salt as per taste
- Hal cup Boondi
- Diya Or Earthen Pot for tadka
- 1 tspn oil
- ½ tspn jeera
- Take a bowl, add the curd and water and mix well.
- Now, mix red chilli powder, Bhuna jeera powder balck pepper powder, chaat masala and salt to taste.
- the spices and other ingredients until well-mixed.
- Now add ½ cup of boondi and mex well again
- Now take small diya or earthen pot add oil, jeera nad add hing and keep tadka ready.
- Now add tadka in dahi mixture and cover for 5 min.
- Now add dhaniya patti and serve chilled.
You can also pair it with your rice meals. Try the recipe at home and don’t be afraid to experiment. You can always pick and choose the spices you want in your dish. Make sure you do not add too many and too much. Excess of anything may prove detrimental to your health.
My Latest Video-