Aloo Methi Paratha Recipe | Aalu Methi Paratha | Fenugreek Potato Paratha with detailed photo and video recipe. Basically an extension or a simpler way of preparing a spiced Indian bread recipe. It is prepared with basic ingredients like boiled potatoes, fenugreek leaves, and wheat flour like any other Indian flat bread. The paratha is loaded with all spices and herbs and hence makes it an interesting meal without any requirement for any curry or side dish in particular.
But this recipe is totally unique where one solid and another leafy vegetable are mixed directly into the dough. In this, the paratha is loaded with the bitterness of methi leaves and the sweetness of potatoes. In addition, the added spice and the savory taste make this a complete food. You can keep in lunch box in your loved once.
I feel mixing the stuffing directly into the dough is a much easier option. Lastly, the paratha does not require any additional sides and tastes great with simple raita, chutney or spicy pickle. But, it can also be served with a simple or premium north Indian vegetable, paneer, or any curries.
Video Recipe Of Aloo Methi Paratha
Preparation time- 10 min.
Cooking time- 10 min.
Serve- 4 person
Cuisine- Indian breakfast
Methi leaves one bunch
2 cup of wheat flour
2 boiled potatoes
Chopped green chilli 2-3
Ginger garlic paste 1 tspn
Oil or desi ghee 2 tspn
Salt to taste
1 tspn red chilli powder
½ tspn haldi powder
½ tspn ajwain
4 tbspn coriander leaves
- take large bowl take 1 bunch methi.
- Washed and chopped.
- Take pan heat 1 tspn oil add ginger garlic paste and green chilli saute till raw smell goes.
- Now add chopped methi leaves cook till soften.
- Take large bowl add 2 cup of wheat flour, ½ ajwain, ½ haldi powder, 1 tspn red chilli powder, dhaniya patti, boiled and mashed potatoes and salt to taste.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- Now add cooked methi leaves, and knead the dough.
- add water as required and knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- Further, add 2 tsp oil and grease the dough well.
- Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- after 10 minutes, knead the dough again. pinch a ball-sized dough.
- Dust with wheat flour and roll uniformly.
- Roll to a slightly thick thickness like paratha.
- Now on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute.
- When the base is partly cooked, flip the aloo methi paratha.
- also, spread oil or ghee and cook both sides.
- Enjoy aloo methi paratha with chutney and pickle.
My Latest Video